Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Burda 6910 - knit top - version 2

This the second version I've made of this pattern.  The first version I made has a lovely, unintentional, drapey neck because I stretched the neckline out so badly!  I can't post the first one because I used a terrible black stretch fabric and you can't see anything in photos of it.  You'll have to take my word for it.

But I just can't the fecking neckline right - the neck is definitely better but I still couldn't get it to sit flat.  I really like the raglan sleeve but neck is killer.  In the end I put two weird pleats at the neck near my collar bones and another pleat at the front in the middle of the neck and added a covered button to hide it.

I used a knit fabric from Spotlight but it isn't as stretchy as the pattern calls for so it's a bit more fitted than it could be.

This was a good project though for learning new skills.  I used the overlocker for all my seams and a twin needle for all the hems.  I made the shirt a bit short so the bottom hem is quite narrow and rolls up a bit but it's quite wearable.



No comments:

Post a Comment